You can create/edit tracking links in bulk in your ClickMeter dashboard. This feature is ONLY available to PAID customers.
The links import form can be found at TOOLS > Import links in your ClickMeter dashboard. This allows you to create or edit many tracking links (even thousands) at once.
You'll be able to:
- Add or edit your own links to ClickMeter into a specific Campaign.
- Associate each of the imported links a with a conversion code.
- Setup Retargeting scripts for all imported links.
... and associate other options to all imported/edited links.
HOW TO IMPORT YOUR LINKS
- Prepare the list of links to be created/edited in a CSV file as described below then choose a campaign.
- Choose a Domain name.
- Select the options you want to associate to ALL the links that will be imported in this batch.
IMPORTANT CREATE or EDIT:
Specifying a link slug already existing for the domain name you chose (e.g. domain is "test.com", slug is "123" but it happens that "test.com/123" was already been created before), the link will be updated with new data.
HOW TO PREPARE THE LIST OF LINKS TO IMPORT
ClickMeter accepts only Comma Separated Values (CSV) format files (further info below) including the following columns/values (please note that column order matters):
- A destination URL you want to track, e.g. http://mydomain.com/path/id?param=123
- An URL slug (or link name) you want to associate with this short URL, e.g. "checkout" to indicate you want the final short URL to be http://trackingdomain.com/checkout.
If you specify an existing slug (according to the domain you'll set in the form), the system will update the existing link with new data you specify.
- A friendly name to later identify your link in your dashboard, e.g. "Checkout link".
Please mind that:
- You should not specify the short domain name you want to use inside the CSV file.
You'll specify the domain name in the next import step.
- All links will be imported into the same Campaign.
If you need to import links in different Campaigns, you'll need to perform multiple importing operations.
- All links will be created/edit with the same domain name you'll specify when importing.
If you need to import links related to different domains, you'll need to perform multiple importing operations.
- You cannot edit a set of links in bulk with the purpose of changing the domain or the group for all of them. In case you'll specify a different domain/group, links will be created again with the new domain/group, while links previously created with the old domain/group would not be modified/deleted.
How to create a CSV file with Ms-Excel/OpenOffice/Numbers/Google-Sheets?
- Open a new excel sheet or download the sample (Excel | OpenOffice | Numbers).
- State your destination URLs in your first column.
- Specify in second column your URL slugs.
- Specify in third column your friendly names.
- In the main File menu, choose "Save As" ("Download as" in Google Sheets, "Export to" in Numbers) and choose CSV as file type (.csv extension). Be sure the file is saved with a comma (",") to separate values. Your sheet tool may be instead using ";" or other separators when exporting, this can be usually changed in your preferences.
The CSV table must not contain the header. Just start with the first destination url on the first cell. Here is an example of the format for the CSV. First and second element (URL and slug) must not contain spaces.
|http://anotherdomain.com/path/123,examplepath,Example path link|
|http://test.anotherdomain.it/go,gopathgo,Another example link|
How to edit a valid CSV file?
- Download the sample CSV file.
- Edit it with a text editor and add your own URLs. Mind that columns should be separated by a comma. Be sure your friendly names do not include any commas inside.
- Save your changes.
This article is about:
- bulk import tracking links
- create or edit tracking links in bulk
- short links in bulk without API