To mask a destination URL, follow these steps:
- Go to CREATE NEW -> TRACKING LINK
- Give the destination URL and other information (Watch video)
- Click on Mask URL option button
- Mask destination URL: The destination URL (domain) will not be visible in fact a transparent frame will show only your tracking-link in the browser address bar.
- Page title: You will able to choose the page-title of the landing page (that increases ranking on search engines).
- Encode destination URL: hide the destination URL also in the source code.
- When you mask your URL with ClickMeter, you can also hide the other important features such as conversion tracking, 301 redirect (for search engine optimization). You can also use your own domain (this particular features is dedicated to Agency subscription plans)
- Masking is different from cloaking. The first technique is ok if used to help the user reach the right contents while the second is not recommended and often cause to ban your website from most of the search engine. Discover more reading this FAQ: http://www.clickmeter.com/hp/faq-answer.aspx?answer=what-is-url-masking-and-why-is-different-from-link-cloackin