What is and how it works a Dynamic Destination URL
Dynamic Destination URL (DDU) allows you to redirect visitors to different destination URLs with the same tracking link by just adding a parameter.
For example, this tracking link: 9nl.it/test_ddu normally redirects to www.clickmeter.com. With DDU I can redirect users to any page you want just by adding a parameter: http://9nl.it/test_ddu?ddu=clickmeter.com/pricing-and-signup This will send the visitor directly to the pricing page and this 9nl.it/test_ddu?ddu=http://clickmeter.com/features and this will send him to the features page.
The clicks are all registered under the main tracking link but the user is sent (manually or dynamically) to another landing page. This is useful, for example, if you own an e-commerce and you want to send users to different products based on their behavior.
How to configure Dynamic Destination URLs (DDU)
To use DDU you need to follow these steps:
1) Change the redirect mode of the tracking link to be dynamic destination (when you create or modify a tracking link)
2) Append the syntax '?ddu=example.com' to the tracking link which is DDU enabled. Example.com is the landing page you want to send the user to.
3) Be sure that the main domain specified after the "?ddu=" syntax is present in the domain white list: my.clickmeter.com/Settings/DomainWhitelist
To protect your tracking link from spammers and for other security reasons, entering the domain of each destination URL in the domain white list will make only domain in this list to be available for DDU. Using a domain not white-listed will send the user directly to the main destination URL (in our example clickmeter.com homepage)
Syntax examples for valid domains:
- mydomain.com (IMPORTANT NOTE: this DO NOT includes third level domains such as www.mydomain.com or xyz.mydomain.com)
- www.mydomain.com (IMPORTANT NOTE: this DO NOT includes the main domain: mydomain.com)
- *.mydomain.com (IMPORTANT NOTE: this includes all third levels domains BUT DO NOT includes the main domain: mydomain.com)
You can use any combinations of these together.