If you want to check settings for a conversion code and be sure it is working properly, simply follow these steps:
- Clear the cookies in your browser
- Click on the tracking link associated with the conversion. This will place a new cookie in your browser
- Copy and paste the unique link within the conversion code in a new browser window (the same browser used in point 1)
Copy ONLY the link part: http://....com=0.00:
- Open "REPORTS > CONVERSIONS"
- Mouse-over the conversion you need to test
- ACTIONS Button
- Conversion Snippet
- Check back your conversion reports (https://my.clickmeter.com/Conversions) to see if the conversion is there. You can check the ClickStream report too.
This is important:
- To properly test this process it may be necessary to delete the cookies from your browser first (http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cookies) or use incognito browsing (http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001378.htm)
- This is just a fast test. If you really want to be 100% sure the conversion tracking has been properly setup then only way is to simulate the all process from the click on the tracking link to a real conversion (purchase, lead, etc...)