Video tutorial for: link creation, list of links overview. (3:21)
To create a new tracking link, follow these steps:
- Log into your ClickMeter dashboard and click on the blue CREATE NEW button. A drop down will appear, and then select tracking link.
- Fill in the destination URL. A destination URL is the original URL you want to redirect traffic to and to collect tracking data from.
- Select the campaign you want to associate this tracking link with. Campaigns help you to organize your dashboard, especially when you're managing multiple campaigns. If you have not already created a campaign you can select a new or existing campaign from the list.
- Create custom URL slug for your tracking link in the box to the right of the shortened tracking link. Or select one of your dedicated domains (custom domain name), and then create the customized URL slug in the box to the right. For example if you used used the domain name "9nl.eu" and the URL slug "MyWebService" the tracking link will look like this: "9nl.eu/MyWebServices"
- Choose a friendly name. A friendly name is one which can be used to easily identify your tracking link in your list of tracking links.
- There are additional options when creating a tracking link, for example: Tags, Conversion, and Retargeting
- Once you are done with the form click "create link" button.
Your new tracking link has been successfully created!
To check it, you can either copy and paste it in a new window, or click on the "Make a test" button. If you are successfully redirected to your destination URL that means your tracking link is working and your ready to start tracking data.
You can now use this tracking link in your websites, blogs, social networking sites etc., instead of using the original URL. To see reports on your tracking links you can go to the menu "REPORTS > TRACKING LINKS". You will find your new tracking link in that list. If you click on the link, it will take you to the "link details" page.